2 tbsp oil
1 onion, sliced
1/2 green pepper, sliced
1/2 red pepper, sliced
750 g shoulder of pork, cubed
600 ml hot beef stock
2 tsps tomato puree (paste)
1 bay leaf
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp cornflour blended with 2 tbsp cold water
1. Heat the oil in a pan, add the onion and peppers and fry gently until soft.
2. Transfer to a casserole with a slotted spoon.
3. Brown the pork in the pan, then add to the casserole with the remaining Ingredients.
4. Cover and cook in a preheated moderate oven, 160°C (325°F) Gas Mark 3.for 1 1/2 hours. Cool.
5. To freeze, turn into a foil dish. Cover, place in a polythene bag, seal, label and freeze.
6. To serve, uncover and reheat from frozen in a preheated moderately hot oven 190°C (375°F) gas mark 5.for 1 hour.
7. Cover with foil and cook for a further 30 minutes.
8. Stir in the blended cornflour and return to the oven, uncovered for 10 minutes.