4 x 4 oz (100 g) turkey escalopes
2 tbsp seasoned flour
2 tbsp olive oil
3 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
1 - 2 red chillies, deseeded and finely sliced
1 medium onion, peeled and cut into wedges
175 g (6 oz) chestnut mushrooms, wiped and sliced
1 1/4 cup (1/2 pint) 300 ml turkey or chicken stock
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp medium sherry
3 tbsp half fat cr¨me fra®che
1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley to garnish
freshly cooked tagliatelle or pappardelle pasta to serve
1. Coat the turkey escalopes in the seasoned flour and reserve the remaining flour. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large frying pan then brown the escalopes on all sides. Remove from the pan.
2. Add the remaining oil to the pan and gently sauté the garlic, chillies and onion for 3 minutes.
3. Add the sliced mushrooms and continue to sauté for 3 more minutes or until the onion and mushrooms have softened but not browned. Sprinkle in the remaining flour and cook, stirring for 2 minutes.
4. Slowly stir the stock and soy sauce into the pan and bring to the boil, stirring throughout. Reduce the heat and return the turkey escalopes to the pan.
5. Cover with a lid or a large sheet of tin foil and simmer gently for 4-6 minutes or until the turkey is thoroughly cooked.
6. Add the sherry and creme fra®che, then cook for 2 more minutes. Serve sprinkled with the chopped herbs and freshly cooked tagliatelle or pasta noodles.
1 person has helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!