6 slices white bread, halved
300 ml Rubicon mango exotic juice drink
1/2 stick (4 Tbsp) 50 g unsalted butter, melted
1/3 cup (75 g) 3oz unrefined golden caster sugar (superfine granulated)
2 medium eggs, beaten
125 g mango and cranberry dried fruits
zest of 1 orange
1/2 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) Gas Mark 4..
2. Lay the bread in the base of a 14 x 26 cm ovenproof dish, pour over the mango juice and leave to stand for 10-15 minutes.
3. In a medium size bowl mix the butter with the sugar, beaten eggs, then stir in the dried mixed fruit, orange zest and freshly grated nutmeg. Pour this mixture over the soaked bread. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes until set.
4. Remove from the oven and leave to stand for 30 minutes before cutting into wedges or squares.
5. Serve warm or cold with Be Good to Yourself creme fraiche or custard.
2 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!