1. Place the apricots in a saucepan with the water and bring to the boil.
2. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, then remove from the heat, drain, reserving the cooking liquid, and leave to cool for 10 minutes.
3. Put 3 tbsp water in a small heatproof bowl, sprinkle over the gelatine and leave to soak for 5 minutes.
4. Stand the heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and heat gently until the gelatine has dissolved, stirring constantly.
5. Remove from the heat and leave to cool for 5 minutes. Put the apricots, their cooking liquid, the fromage frais, orange juice and lemon juice in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Pour into a bowl.
6. Gradually blend the gelatine into the apricot mixture, mix well and pour into a 1.2 litre serving bowl.
7. Chill for 2 hours or until set. Decorate with orange slices before serving.