8 lamb cutlets
4 tbsp coarse grain mustard
2/3 cup (150 ml) 1/4 pt dry white wine
4 tbsp each chopped thyme, marjoram and oregano
142 ml (1/4 pint) carton double cream (heavy cream)
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
radicchio leaves and herb sprigs to garnish
1. Place the cutlets in a single layer in a large shallow dish.
2. Place the mustard in a bowl and gradually mix in the wine. Season well and stir in the herbs.
3. Spoon the marinade over the cutlets, turning them to coat well. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
4. Lift the cutlets from the marinade; reserve the marinade.
5. Heat a heavy based frying pan over the coals, add the cutlets and brown quickly on both sides, then cook for 1-2 minutes on each side. Pour in the marinade, place the pan over the hottest part of the barbecue and cook rapidly until the lamb is tender and the marinade has reduced to about 3 tbsp. Transfer the cutlets to a warmed serving dish.
6. Pour the cream into the pan and boil rapidly until the sauce has thickened. Spoon over the cutlets, garnish with raddicchio and herbs.