2 celeriac, weighing about 1.25 kg
2 onions, cut in half and sliced thinly
3 tbsp oil
500 g lean fillet or leg of lamb, cut in pieces
salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 medium size egg yolks
juice of 1/2 lemon
1. Peel the celeriac and cut each one into quarters.
2. Fry the onions in oil until soft. Add the meat and let it brown all over. Add the celeriac, salt and pepper, and cover with water.
3. Simmer, covered, for about 1 hour or until the meat is very tender. As soon as the celeriac is tender enough, lift it out and cut it into sticks.
4. When the meat is done, put the celeriac back into the pan to cook for a few minutes longer until it is soft.
5. Make the sauce just before you are ready to serve.
6. Beat the egg yolks with the lemon juice and a few tbsps of liquid from the stew and pour this back into the pan.
7. Stir for a minute or so until the sauce thickens, but do not let it boil.
8. Serve hot.
11 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!
Also see categories;Stews