2 1/2 tbsps plain flour (All purpose)
6 lamb chops
2 tbsp spoons olive oil
1 onion, sliced thinly
1 red pepper, cored, deseeded and sliced thinly
2/3 cup (150 ml) 1/4 pt vegetable stock
2/3 cup (150 ml) 1/4 pt dry white wine
10 pitted green olives, halved lengthways
2 oranges, peeled and sliced thinly
2 tbsp chopped parsley
2 tsps chopped mint
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Season the flour with salt and pepper and use to coat the chops.
2. Heat the oil in a large heavy-based frying pan, add the chops and fry until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
3. Add the onion to the pan and cook until soft, but not brown.
4. Add the red pepper and cook for a few minutes.
5. Stir in the remaining flour and cook, stirring, for 1 - 2 minutes.
6. Stir in the stock and wine and cook, stirring, until thickened. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
7. To freeze: Pour the sauce into a shallow ovenproof container. Add the chops, olives, oranges and herbs, cover, label and freeze.
8. To thaw and serve: Cook from frozen in a preheated oven, 170°C, 325°F, Gas Mark 3, for 11/2 -1 3/4 hours. Serve with saute potatoes and peas.
5 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!