Chicken, king prawns, pork fillet, chorizo or garlic sausage, mussels, tomatoes, onion, red pepper, peas, prawns, garlic and saffron all combine with a bed of rice for this tasty microwaveable paella dish.
4 tbsp olive oil
1 kg (2.2 lb) chicken, cut into 6 pieces
125 g pork fillet, cut into small cubes
1 onion, chopped finely
2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
1 red pepper, cored, seeded and cut into strips
350 g long- grain rice
1/2 tsp paprika
pinch of powdered saffron (optional)
750 ml boiling chicken stock
125 g chorizo or garlic sausage, sliced thinly
6 raw king prawns (optional)
125 g frozen peas, thawed
125 g peeled prawns
227 g can mussels in brine, drained
4 tomatoes, skinned, seeded and chopped
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Pour the oil into a large dish and microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes. Add the chicken pieces, skin side down, cover and cook on HIGH for 5 minutes. Add the pork and cook for 3 minutes. Remove the meats with a slotted spoon and set aside.
2. Add the onion, garlic and red pepper to the bowl and cook on HIGH for 2 minutes. Stir in the rice and mix well, then add the paprika, saffron, if using, and stock. Return the meats to the bowl, cover and cook on HIGH for 15 minutes. Leave to stand for 10 minutes.
3. Stir in the sausage, king prawns, if using, peas, peeled prawns, mussels, tomatoes, and salt and pepper.
4. Cover and cook on HIGH for 5 minutes.
5. Leave to stand for 2 minutes before serving.
9 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!