1/3 cup (75 g) butter or block margarine
1/3 cup (65 g) caster sugar (superfine granulated)
1 egg, beaten
1 1/3 cup (5 1/2 oz) 150 g self raising (self rising) flour
2.1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla essence
milk to mix
1. Grease 600-900-ml (1 - 1 1/2 pt) pie dish.
2. Cream the fat and sugar until pale and fluffy.
3. Add the egg a little at a time, beating after each addition.
4. Fold in the tlour with the essence and a little milk to give a dropping consistency.
5. Put into the prepared dish and bake in the oven at 180°C (350F) mark 4 for 30-40 minutes, until well risen and golden.
Serve with syrup sauce or custard.
16 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!