serves 4 - 6
6 - 8 rashers streaky bacon, derinded
2 tbsp (1 oz) 25 g butter
250 g chicken livers, chopped
250 g minced pork
125 g sausagemeat
1 clove garlic, crushed
3 tbsp sherry
1 tsp chopped mixed herbs
pinch of grated nutmeg
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
2 - 3 bay leaves
1. Lay the bacon rashers flat on a board and stretch with the back of a knife; use half to line a 500 g microwave loaf tin or earthenware terrine.
2. Combine the butter, livers, pork and sausagemeat in a bowl. Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 minutes or until the meat is cooked, stirring twice during cooking.
3. Place the mixture in a blender or food processor, add the garlic, sherry, herbs, nutmeg and salt and pepper and work until smooth.
4. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and cover with the remaining bacon. Place 2 or 3 bay leaves on top. Cover with clingfilm and cook on HIGH for 4 minutes.
5. Leave to cool, then cover with foil, weight down and chill overnight.
6. Turn out onto a serving plate and slice. Serve with French bread and a green salad.
25 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!