1 tsp each dry mustard and ground ginger
1 tbsp each Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, lemon juice and brown sugar
2 tbsp tomato puree (paste)
salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp dripping (fat from roasted meat)
4 pork chops
12 shallots or small onions
300 ml chicken stock
2 tsp cornflour blended with 15 ml spoon water
1. Mix together the mustard, ginger, sauce, vinegar, lemon juice, sugar, tomato puree and a little salt and pepper.
2. Heat the dripping in a frying pan and fry the chops two at a time, until brown all over, transfer to a casserole. Fry the onions in the pan until browned; add to the casserole.
3. Pour off any remaining fat and add the stock and seasoning mixture to the pan. Bring to the boil, stirring.
4. Pour over the chops, cover and cook in a preheated moderate oven, 180°C, 350°F, Gas Mark 4 for 45 minutes.
5. To freeze, cool, transfer to a foil dish. Freeze as above.
6. To serve, reheat as above, stirring in the cornflour after 45 minutes.