2 tbsp whole black peppercorns
1 tbsp coriander seeds
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp oil
2 heart shaped pork steaks
50 g shallots, chopped
1 tbsp dijon mustard
2 tbsp brandy
300 ml single cream
1. Crush the peppercorns and coriander seeds separately using a pestle and mortar or with the back of a frying pan on a chopping board. Crush until cracked but do not take as far as powder. Season the pork steaks and coat in the crushed spices.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan until hot and cook the pork steaks for 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove from the pan and keep to one side.
3. In the same pan add the chopped shallots and continue to cook over a moderate heat until soft (approximately 2 minutes).
4. Add the mustard and brandy.
5. Finally add the cream, bring to the boil and reduce the heat to a simmer, season if necessary.
6. Return the steaks to the pan for 1 minute to warm through. Remove and quickly heat the sauce on a high heat for 30 seconds.
7. Place steaks on a plate and pour over the sauce.
43 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!