250 g minced pork
250 g minced veal
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 stick (4 Tbsp) 50 g butter, softened
50 g stale white breadcrumbs
2 tbsp oil
125 g pickled sweet-sour cucumbers, sliced lengthways
1 clove garlic, crushed
50 g egg noodles, broken into pieces
1 cauliflower, broken into florets
300 ml chicken stock
142 ml soured cream
1 tsp chopped dill
6-8 pickled baby beets, diced
1 tbsp vinegar
1. Put the meats in a basin and season with nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste.
2. Add the butter and breadcrumbs and knead together, adding 1 - 2 tsps water if necessary.
3. Form into about 20 small balls.
4. Heat the oil in a large heavy-based pan, add the meatballs and fry until lightly browned, shaking the pan occasionally to prevent them sticking.
5. Add the cucumber, garlic, noodles, cauliflower, stock, and salt and pepper to taste, bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
6. Transfer to a warmed serving dish.
7. Pour the soured cream into a circle on top and sprinkle with the dill.
8. Toss the beetroot in the vinegar, drain and pile in the centre.
9. Serve with crispbreads and cream cheese.
17 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!