500 g pack of 2 bronze turkey fillets
50 g basmati rice
1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
1 clove garlic, peeled and finely chopped
1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
salt and freshly ground black pepper
6 rashers streaky bacon
15 g (1/2 oz) 1 tbls salted butter
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F) gas mark 5.
2. Place the rice in a medium sized saucepan and cover with boiling water. Cook the rice according to the pack instructions and then drain, rinse with cold water and drain again.
3. In a bowl, mix together the rice with the onion, garlic, thyme and seasoning.
4. Make a deep cut in the side of each turkey breast fillet to make a pocket. Place sufficient rice mixture into the cavity to fill it, without spilling out. Reserve the remaining rice and refrigerate until required.
5. Wrap each turkey fillet in 3 stretched rashers of streaky bacon. Place on a baking tray and cook for 1 hour.
6. To reheat the remaining rice; melt the butter in a small saucepan over a low heat. Add the rice mixture to the saucepan and stir until heated through. Serve the rice with the stuffed turkey fillets.
7. Freshly cooked vegetables will make an ideal accompaniment to this dish.