1 lb (450 g) diced turkey thigh
2 oz (50 g) creamed coconut from a block
1 tbsp seasoned plain flour (All purpose)
1 tbsp olive oil
175 g (6 oz) oyster mushrooms, wiped and sliced
1 red and 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and chopped
2-3 tbsp Thai green curry paste
1 tsp soft brown sugar
2 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
freshly cooked rice to serve
1. Dissolve the creamed coconut in 450 ml (3/4 pint) of hot, not boiling water. Stir until smooth. Reserve. Coat the turkey in the seasoned flour.
2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok and seal the turkey on all sides. Add the mushrooms and chopped pepper then continue to sautƒÂ© for 2 minutes.
3. Add the curry paste, and the sugar and cook for a further 2 minutes, stirring frequently then slowly pour in the coconut liquor.
4. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until the turkey is thoroughly cooked. Stir occasionally during cooking.
5. Stir in the chopped coriander and serve garnished with coriander sprigs and with freshly cooked rice.
6. For more recipe ideas from the British Turkey Information Service, check out www.britishturkey.co.uk