1 1/2 cup (150 g) plain flour, sifted
3 1/2 tbsp (40 g) caster sugar (superfine granulated)
25 g dried cranberries
50 g pecan nuts, chopped
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 x 1 tsp salt
1 tsp Christmas spice
1/2 stick (4 Tbsp) 50 g butter, melted
1 meduim egg, beaten
scant 1/2 (us) cup (100 ml) milk
1 tbls (15 ml) spoon icing sugar (confectioners sugar)
1/2 stick (4 Tbsp) 50 g unsalted butter
3/4 cup less 1 tbsp (100 g) icing sugar (confectioners sugar), sifted
2 tbsp brandy or orange juice
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C,400°F; gas mark 6.
for the muffins
1. Line a muffin tin with 6 paper muffin cases.
2. In a bowl mix the first seven ingredients together.
3. In a jug mix together the butter, egg and milk.
4. Make a well in the centre of the dried ingredients and pour in the milk mixture, beat the mixture well to combine.
5. Spoon the batter into the paper cases and bake in the oven for 20 - 25 minutes or until well risen and golden brown.
6. Remove and leave to cool on a cooling tray, then dust with the icing sugar.
for the butter cream
1. Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, then add the brandy or orange juice.
2. Serve the muffins with the butter cream.