4 petit pain partly baked bread rolls or 1 French stick
200 g tub soft cream cheese
175 g cooked turkey, thinly sliced
1 tbsp walnut halves, roughly chopped
a few seedless black or white grapes, halved
salt and freshly ground black pepper
a few sprigs of fresh flat leaf parsley to garnish
1. Bake the bread rolls following instructions on the pack.
2. While the bread rolls are still hot, cut almost in half horizontally using a sharp knife.
3. Spread both sides of the bread rolls generously with the cream cheese.
4. Fill the bread rolls with the slices of turkey. Sprinkle with walnuts, then add the grapes. Season to taste.
5. Serve immediately garnished with sprigs of parsley.
6. Use fully cooked bread rolls if preferred, warming through in a moderate oven.
7. Half fat cream cheese also works well in this recipe.
8. Leftover turkey from Christmas dinner can be used in this recipe, although you could also use ready sliced, or wafer thin turkey.
50 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!