1. Skim off and discard the excess fat from the turkey roasting pan.
2. Pour the turkey cooking juices into a jug and make up to 900 ml with vegetable water or water.
3. Pour back into the roasting pan on the hob over a medium heat and stir to loosen any sediment from the bottom of the pan.
4. Slowly bring to the boil and stir in the chicken stock.
5. When dissolved, blend together the butter and flour and stir into the gravy to thicken slightly.
6. Simmer for 4 - 5 minutes, stirring continually.
7. Add seasoning to taste and serve with the roast turkey .