2 x 227 g cartons turkey livers
14 rashers smoked streaky bacon, derinded and halved
1 tbsp oil
125 g carrots, cut into matchstick strips
1 onion, cut into matchstick strips
600 ml water
1 chicken stock cube
juice of 1/2 lemon
salt and freshly ground black pepper
250 g quick-cook macaroni
1 large green pepper, cored and seeded
1 tbsp chopped parsley
1. Cut the livers into pieces. Wrap the bacon around the livers and thread onto four 18 cm skewers.
2. Heat the oil in a large flameproof casserole, add the liver and bacon brochettes and fry for 1 minute on each side, turning carefully; remove.
3. Add the carrots and onion to the pan and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add the water, sotck cube, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste and bring to the boil. Stir in the macaroni, bring back to the boil and place the brochettes on top. Cover and cook just at boiling point for 12 minutes.
4. Cut 8 thin rings from the pepper and keep on one side for garnish. Dice the rest and add to the pan. Cover and leave for a few minutes, off the heat, until the moisture is absorbed.
5. Transfer the macaroni to a warmed serving dish and arrange the brochettes on top. Garnish with the pepper rings and parsley.