1 lb (450 g) fresh turkey mince
1 medium onion, peeled and grated
1-2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
1 tsp ready made mustard or tomato pur©e
salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
1 medium egg yolk
4 baps, split and freshly toasted
few lettuce leaves
sliced tomato and sliced spring onion
tomato ketchup or brown sauce
1. Preheat the grill to high.
2. Place all the ingredients for the burgers in a bowl and mix together. Alternatively, place in a food processor and whiz for 1 minute until the the mixture comes together.
3. With clean damp hands, form into 4 large burgers. Place on a plate, cover lightly and chill until required.
4. When ready to cook, place the burgers on a foil lined rack and cook for 2 minutes on both sides.
5. Reduce the heat slightly and continue to cook for a further 8 - 10 minutes or until the burgers are thoroughly cooked.
6. Serve sitting on lettuce leaves on top of the baps garnished with sliced tomato and spring onion.
7. Serve with ketchup or brown sauce
6 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!