1. Pour the water and port into the bread maker bucket, then add the cheese, oil and half the flour.
2. Sprinkle with the salt and sugar.
3. Cover with the remaining flour and mound the yeast into the centre.
4. Fit the bucket into the bread maker and set to the programme recommended in the manual (usually basic white or No 1).
5. When ready, carefully shake the loaf out of the bucket on to a wire cooling rack and stand the right way up.
6. If liked, brush with the selected glaze.
7. Leave the loaf for at least an hour before cutting and/or removing the paddle if necessary.