serves 4 - 6
30 g (1 oz) 6 teaspoons butter
250 g (8 oz) leeks, trimmed and finely chopped
6 teaspoons plain flour
250 ml (8 fl oz) 1 cup lager
315 g (10 oz) 2 1/2 cups grated Caerphilly cheese (mozzarella or Scmorzel cheese)
cubes of crusty bread, to serve
1. Put butter into a saucepan and melt over a low heat.
2. Add leeks, cover pan and cook gently for 10 minutes until tendet.
3. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute, then add lager and heat until thickened, stirring all the time.
4. Gradually add cheese and continue to cook until melted, stirring frequently.
5. Season with pepper. Pour into a fondue pot and serve with cubes of crusty bread.