3 Tbsp (40 g) butter
3/8 cup (40 g) plain flour, sieved
1 1/4 cup (1/2 pint) 300 ml milk
pinch of salt
pinch of cayenne pepper
4 oz (100 g) Cheddar cheese, grated
60 ml (4 level tbsp) tomato ketchup
1 lb (500 g) pork chipolata sausages, fried and cut in half
1. Melt the butter in a pan, stir in the flour and cook gently for 1 minute, stirring.
2. Remove from the heat and gradually stir in the milk.
3. Bring to the boil and continue to cook, stirring, for 1 minute then remove from heat and add the salt, cayenne pepper, cheese and tomato ketchup.
4. Stir until the cheese has melted.
5. Serve as a dip for hot fried chipolata sausages and pineapple chunks.