2 oz (50 g) plain chocolate
1 1/4 cup (1/2 pint) 300 ml thick custard
4 tablespoons sweet sherry
1 x 200 g (7 oz) packet chocolate chip and nut cookies
2/3 cup (150 ml) 1/4 pt fresh double cream, (heavy cream) whipped
chocolate and cherries to decorate
accompaniments (you may need these)
1. Melt the chocolate in a small basin over a saucepan of hot water. Beat in the custard. Chill in a refrigerator.
2. Pour sherry into a saucer. Dip both sides of the biscuits into the sherry.
3. Sandwich 4 biscuits together with the chocolate custard, repeat to form 5 upright piles of sandwiches.
4. Arrange the biscuits in a heart shape on a serving plate and pour over the remaining sherry. Cover with foil and chill for 2 hours.
5. Fold the cream into the remaining custard and spread over the biscuit heart.
6. Decorate with chocolate and cherries before serving.
43 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!