2 large onions, sliced
2 tbsp (25 g) 1 oz butter
1 tbls (15 g) 1/2 oz plain flour (All purpose)
750 ml (1 1/4 pints) fresh milk
2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
1 dessert apple, peeled and sliced
2 oz (50 g) English Cheddar, grated
1. Saute the onions in the butter until golden.
2. Stir in flour and cook for a minute. Add the milk and coconut.
3. Gradually bring to the boil stirring continuously.
4. Add the apple. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes
5. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
6. Puree the mixture until smooth. Return to the pan and cook for 5 minutes.
7. Just before serving add the cheese.
144 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!