1 1/2 cups (175 g) 6 oz self raising (self rising) flour
1 1/2 cups (175 g) self raising (self rising)wholemeal flour
1/3 cup (75 g) 3oz caster sugar (superfine granulated)
1 stick (8 Tbsp)4 oz (100 g) butter
1/2 teaspoon baking powder, sieved
1 egg, beaten
7 fl oz (200 ml) fresh milk
175 g (6 oz) cherry pie filling
1. Sieve the flours, stir in the sugar and rub in the butter. Reserve a third of the mixture.
2. To remaining mixture stir in baking powder, egg and milk.
3. Spread most of this mixture onto the base and sides of a buttered 23 cm (9 inch) spring form pan.
4. Pile the pie filling into the formed case. Spread the remaining mixture over the top. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
5. Bake at 180°C (350°F) Mark 4 for 50 minutes.
8 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!