makes 4 - 6
5/8 cup (65 g) flour, pinch of salt
1/2 stick (4 Tbsp) 2 oz (50 g) butter
2 eggs, beaten
3 oz (75 g) full fat soft cheese
2 oz (50 g) Blue Stilton cheese, crumbled
2 tbsp (30 ml) milk
25 g (1 oz) walnuts, finely chopped
1. Sift together the flour and salt. Put 150 ml (1/4 pint) water and butter into a saucepan. Heat slowly until the butter melts, then bring to a brisk boil.
2. Add the flour all at once, stirring quickly until the mixture forms a soft-ball and leaves the sides of the pan clean. Cool slightly.
3. Gradually add the eggs, beating them in until the mixture is smooth, shiny and firm enough to stand in soft peaks. Place twenty equal amounts on to a dampened and lightly floured baking sheet.
4. Bake in the oven at 200°C (400°F) mark 6 for 20 minutes; cool.
5. Beat together the full fat soft cheese, Stilton and milk; stir in the nuts.
6. Cut the puffs in half and fill the bottom half with cheese mixture.
Replace the tops and serve immediately.
168 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!