3 medium size eggs, hard boiled (cooked)
2 x 15ml spoons (bought) mayonnaise
4 slices medium sliced white bread
4 slices medium sliced wholemeal bread
1 tbsp (15 g) 1/2 oz butter
punnet of salad cress
1. Shell the eggs and place in a bowl with the mayonnaise. Mash with a fork until fairly smooth.
2. Butter the bread and divide the egg mixture between 4 slices of bread. Top with the remaining four slices of bread.
3. Using a chick-shaped cutter, cut out chick shapes from the bread. Alternatively shapes can be cut freehand using a small, sharp knife.
4. Sprinkle the cress over a serving plate and arrange the chick sandwiches on top.
5. The sandwich trimmings can be eaten separately.
22 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!