1/2 stick (2 oz) 50 g Butter or Block Margarine
1/4 cup (4 Tbls) 50 g caster sugar (superfine granulated)
1/3 cup (50 g) plain flour (All purpose)
1 1/4 cup (1/2 pint) 300 ml milk, slightly warmed
1. Cream the fat and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Beat in the eggs one at a time with a little of the flour.
3. Fold in the rest of the flour.
4. Stir in the milk (at this stage the mixture will probably curdle, but this does not matter).
5. Half fill 6 buttered, heatproof saucers or very shallow wide patty tins with the mixture.
6. Bake at once in the oven at 190°C (375°F) mark 5 for 15-20 minutes,
7. immediately turn the pancakes out on to sugared paper;
8. place a teaspoonful of warm jam in each, quickly and carefully fold in half.