175 g (6 oz) Blue Stilton cheese, crumbled
1/2 stick (4 Tbsp) 2 oz (50 g) butter, softened
2 oz (50 g) walnuts, chopped
salt and freshly ground pepper
1 tbsp (15 ml) brandy
1 small French loaf, cut into 20 slices
stuffed olives, sliced, to garnish
1. In a bowl, combine the crumbled Stilton with the softened butter.
2. Add the walnuts, seasoning and brandy.
3. Toast one side of the bread slices and spread the cheese mixture over the untoasted side.
4. Place under the grill until golden and the cheese is bubbling.
5. Garnish with the sliced olives and serve immediately.