1 1/4 cup (300 ml) 1/2 pint double cream (heavy cream)
30 - 45 ml (2-3 tbsp) orange flavoured liqueur
75 ml (5 tbsp) champagne, dry white wine or dry cider
30 - 45 ml (2-3 tbsp) lemon juice
finely grated rind of 1/2 lemon
4 eggs, separated
1/3 cup (75 g) 3oz castor sugar
lemon slices to decorate
1. Tie a collar of kitchen foil or greaseproof paper round the outside of six individual souffle dishes to stand 5 cm (2 inches) above the rim. Secure with adhesive tape.
2. Whip the fresh cream until softly stiff, then gently whip the orange liqueur, champagne, lemon juice and grated lemon rind into the fresh cream. Leave in a cool place.
3. Whisk the egg yolks with caster sugar until thick and foamy. Gently fold into the fresh cream.
4. Whisk the egg whites until stiff then fold into the fresh cream mixture.
5. Turn the souffle mixture into the prepared dishes. Smooth the top, then place in freezer until firm.
6. Remove the souffles from the freezer and gently ease away the collar. Decorate with lemon slices.
2 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!