makes 6 slices
4 oz (100 g) savoury wheat meal biscuits, crushed
2 oz (50 g) polyunsaturated margarine, melted
thin lemon wedges, slices of hard-boiled egg and chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
for the filling
8 oz (225 g) curd (farmers) cheese or cottage cheese, sieved
2 eggs, separated
2/3 cup (150 ml) 1/4 pt low fat natural yogurt
4 oz (100 g) canned tuna in brine, well drained
2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) anchovy essence
2.5 ml (1/2 tsp) curry powder
15 g (1/2 oz) powdered gelatine
4 tbsp (60 ml) chicken or vegetable stock
1 egg, size 2, hard-boiled and chopped
pepper, to taste
1. Mix the biscuits with the margarine and press the mixture evenly over the base of a 20.5cm (8 inch) loose-bottomed flan tin. Cover while making the filling.
2. Beat the curd cheese with the egg yolks, yogurt, tuna, anchovy essence and curry powder.
3. Place the gelatine and stock in a small heatproof bowl and stand in a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until the gelatine is dissolved.
4. Add the gelatine to the cheese mixture and mix well.
5. Stir in the chopped egg and season.
6. Whisk the egg whites until stiff and fold in.
7. Pour the mixture into the tin, level the surface, cover with cling film and chill for 3-4 hours, until set.
8. Carefully loosen the sides of the tin and gently ease out the cheesecake.
9. Slide off the base on to a serving plate and garnish with lemon wedges, hard-boiled egg and parsley.
Serve at once.