8 oz (225 g) potatoes, scrubbed
1/2 oz (15 g) polyunsaturated margarine
2 tbsp (30 ml) low-fat natural yogurt
two 200 g (7 oz) cans tuna in brine, drained and flaked
40 ml (2} tbsp) chopped fresh dill or 1 tbsp (15 ml) dried
1 tbsp (15 ml) grated onion
grated rind of 1 lemon
pepper, to taste
1 level tbsp (15 ml) plain wholemeal flour (whole grain)
2 egg whites, beaten
3 oz (75 g) dried wholemeal breadcrumbs or rolled oats
3 tbsp (60 ml) mayonnaise
lemon wedges and fresh dill, to garnish
1. Cook the potatoes in boiling water for 20 minutes or until tender.
2. Drain and peel, then add the margarine and 15 ml (1 tbsp) of the yogurt. Mash until smooth. Turn into a mixing bowl. Cool.
3. Add the tuna, 25 ml (1 1/2 tbsp) of the fresh dill or 10 ml (2 tsp) dried dill, the onion, lemon rind and seasoning. Mix well.
4. Cover and chill for about 15 minutes, until firm enough to handle.
5. Dust the work surface with the flour, then shape the tuna and potato mixture into 8 even-sized cakes.
6. Dip into the egg white, then coat in the breadcrumbs.
7. Place on a baking sheet and cook at 200°C (400°F) mark 6 for 10 -15 minutes, until hot and crisp.
8. Meanwhile, mix the remaining yogurt and dill with the mayonnaise.
9. Serve this sauce in a separate bowl with the cooked fish cakes.
10. Garnish the fish cakes with lemon wedges and fresh dill.
4 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!