1. Warm and lightly grease 1 or 2 baking sheets and set aside.
2. Mix the wholemeal flour, yeast, sea salt and olive oil together, then add about 300 ml (1/2 pint) tepid water to make a soft but kneadable dough.
3. Turn on to a well-floured work surface and knead for 8 minutes.
4. Divide the dough into 8 pieces. Using your palm, roll each piece of dough into a ball, then with a rolling pin into an oval about 0.5cm 1/2 inch) thick.
5. Place on the baking sheets. Cover with a clean cloth and leave to rise in a warm place for about 45 minutes, until roughly doubled in size.
6. Bake at 230°C (450°f) mark 8 for 10 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven. To keep in the steam and create a soft bread, wrap well in a clean cloth or foil and set aside for at least 10 minutes.
8. Before serving, place under a moderate grill to puff up.