4 eggs, hard-boiled
4 oz (100 g) tofu or low-fat soft cheese
2 tomatoes, skinned, seeded and chopped
1 tbsp (15 ml) sesame seeds, toasted
pinch of garlic or onion salt
pepper, to taste
8 oz (225 g) alfalfa sprouts or beansprouts
1 tsp (5 ml) sesame oil
1 tbsp (15 ml) soya oil
2 tbsp (30 ml) cider vinegar
25 g (1 oz) unsalted cashew nuts, toasted and chopped
2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped fresh parsley
1. Remove the egg shells, cut the eggs in half lengthways, gently scoop out the yolks and place in a mixing bowl. Reserve the egg whites.
2. Add the tofu or cheese, tomatoes, sesame seeds and seasoning to the egg yolks and mix well.
3. Fill the egg whites and then mould more filling on top to give a whole egg shape. Chill until ready to serve.
4. Toss together the sprouts, oils, vinegar and nuts, season and arrange on a salad platter.
5. Arrange the eggs on top, sprinkle with the parsley and serve.
59 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!