Bread sauce can be made for most poultry and game, including roast chicken and turkey.
2 whole cloves
2 3/4 cups (21 fl oz) 600 ml milk
about 2 cups (4 oz) 120 g white breadcrumbs
salt and freshly ground black pepper
knob of butter
1. Stick the cloves into the onion and place in a pan with milk.
2. Bring gently to the boil, remove pan from the heat and leave to infuse for 30 minutes.
3. Remove the onion from the milk, then stir in the breadcrumbs, seasoning and butter.
4. Reheat the sauce almost to boiling point.
5. Remove from heat, cover with a piece of damp greaseproof paper and keep warm until ready to serve.
8 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!