8 oz (225 g) young spinach leaves, washed and drained
4 spring onions, chopped
450 ml (15 fl oz) low-fat natural yogurt
1 tsp (5 ml) paprika
1 tbsp (15 ml) lemon juice
2/3 cup (150 ml) 1/4 pt semi skimmed milk
salt and pepper, to taste
4 ice cubes, to serve
paprika, spring onion and spinach, to garnish
1. Put the spinach leaves in a saucepan with only the water that clings to the leaves.
2. Cover and cook for 5 minutes, until wilted.
3. Drain well, pressing out any excess water.
4. Chop the spinach roughly, then place in a blender or food processor with the spring onions and 225 ml (8 fl oz) yogurt. Puree until smooth.
5. Add the remaining yogurt, the paprika, lemon juice, milk and seasoning.
6. Blend until mixed. Chill for 1 hour.
7. Divide the soup between 4 serving bowls and drop an ice cube into each.
8. Sprinkle with a little paprika and garnish with spring onion and spinach before serving.
2 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!