1 tbsp (15 ml) corn oil
8 button onions, skinned
1 level tbsp (15 ml) plain wholemeal flour (whole grain)
pepper, to taste
8 oz (225 g) lamb's liver, cut into thin strips
1 red pepper, cored, seeded and cut into thin strips
1 green pepper, cored, seeded and cut into thin strips
4 oz (100 g) button mushrooms
2 fresh rosemary sprigs
25 ml (1 1.2 tbsp) soy sauce, preferably
naturally fermented shoyu
2/3 cup (150 ml) 1/4 pt vegetable stock
4 oz (100 g) beansprouts
1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok and cook the onions for 5 - 7 minutes or until browned.
2. Remove from the pan and keep hot.
3. Season the flour with pepper and coat the liver strips.
4. Quickly cook in the oil left in the pan for about 3 minutes, until browned.
5. Return the onions to the pan with the red and green peppers and mushrooms.
6. Add the rosemary sprigs, the soy sauce and the seasoning.
7. Pour the stock over and cook quickly for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
8. Add the beansprouts and continue to cook for a further 2-3 minutes or until the beansprouts are heated through.
9. Discard the rosemary and check the seasoning.
10. Place on a warmed serving dish and serve hot.