Apple Clafoutis is a giant fruit pancake, normally served and eaten hot.
1 1/3 cup (5 1/2 oz) 150 g plain flour, sifted
1 1/3 cup (5 1/2 oz) 150 g icing sugar (confectioners sugar)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 lb (450 g) cooking (tart) apples, cored and diced but unpeeled
2/3 cup (100 g) mixed dried fruit such as raisins, sultanas (golden raisins) and ready-to-eat dried apricots
2 tablespoons caster sugar (superfine granulated)
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F) gas mark 5.
1. Beat the eggs, flour and icing sugar together, or blend in a food processor, until the mixture resembles a batter.
2. Add the oil and mix the batter again. Pour the mixture into a greased oval or round gratin dish that is deep enough to take the fruit: the mixture will rise, so use a dish at least 1.5 in (4 cm) deep.
3. Combine the apples, dried fruit and caster sugar and distribute evenly over the top of the batter.
4. sprinkle the allspice on top of this mixture. Cook for 30 - 40 minutes until risen and golden on top. Serve hot.
34 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!