The traditional sauce for a roast beef sunday dinner; this recipe for gravy is especially thick and notably ideal.
sediment from roasting pan
1 level tablespoon plain flour (All purpose)
1 1/4 cup (1/2 pint) 300 ml hot brown stock or vegetable liquid
salt and pepper
1. Pour off most of the fat from the roasting tin, leaving about 2 tablespoons of the sediment.
2. Stir in 1 level tablespoon plain flour and blend thoroughly with the fat.
3. Stir constantly with a wooden spoon, cooking until the gravy thickens and browns.
4. Gradually blend in 1/2 pint (300 ml) hot brown stock or vegetable liquid.
5. Bring the gravy to boiling point, and cook for 2 - 3 minutes.
6. Season to taste, strain and serve hot with a roast.
9 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!