8 oz (225 g) packet vine leaves, drained and rinsed
1 tbsp (15 ml) corn or olive oil
1 onion, skinned and grated
8 oz (225 g) minced lean lamb
2 oz (50 g) fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs
2 oz (50 g) canned or bottled chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
grated rind and juice of 1 orange
2 tsp (10 ml) chopped fresh mint or 1 tsp (5 ml) dried
pepper, to taste
7 fl oz (200 ml) vegetable stock
orange slices, to garnish
1. Separate the vine leaves, put into a mixing bowl and pour boiling water over. Set aside until ready to use
2. put oil and onion into a bowl. Cook, uncovered, 100% (High) 2 minutes, stirring once.
3. Add lamb, cook, uncovered, 100% (High) 2 minutes, stirring well after 1 minute.
4. Add remaining ingredients
5. Drain the vine leaves and remove the stems. Put each leaf shiny side down on a flat board and spoon about 1 dessertspoon of the lamb mixture into the centre.
6. Fold the leaf over to encase the filling completely, forming a neat parcel.
7. With the smaller leaves, overlap 2 or 3 of the leaves together before adding the stuffing and folding.
8. Then put stuffed leaves into a shallow microwave oven dish.
9. Pour stock over, cover, cook 100% (High) 15 minutes.
8 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!