2 tbsp (30 ml) corn oil
1 onion, skinned and finely chopped
1 garlic clove, skinned and crushed
10 - 15 ml (2-3 tsp) mild curry paste
1 tsp (5 ml) coriander seeds, crushed
7 fl oz (200 ml) fish or chicken stock
1 tsp cornflour
7 fl oz (200 ml) low-fat natural yogurt
finely grated rind of 1/2 lime
1 lb (450 g) thick haddock fillet, skinned and cut into 2.5 cm (1 inch) cubes
4 oz (100 g) button mushrooms, sliced
pepper, to taste
2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
1/2 head Chinese leaves, finely shredded
juice of 1 lime
2 level tsp (10 ml) chopped fresh coriander
1 tbsp (15 ml) toasted pumpkin seeds,
sprigs of fresh coriander and thin wedges of lime, to garnish
1. Heat the corn oil in a saucepan and cook the onion for 3 minutes.
2. Add the garlic, curry paste and coriander seeds and cook for a further 1 minute.
3. Stir in the stock and bring to simmering point.
4. Mix the cornflour with 15 ml (1 tbsp) water to make a smooth paste and stir into the yogurt.
5. Blend into the hot stock mixture. Add the lime rind, haddock, mushrooms and seasoning. Cover and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large deep frying pan or wok. Add the Chinese leaves, lime juice and chopped coriander and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes.
7. Spoon the hot fish curry on to a serving dish.
8. Sprinkle with the pumpkin seeds and garnish with coriander sprigs and lime wedges.
9. Serve with the stir-fried Chinese leaves.
2 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!