1 egg white
2 tbsp (25 g) 1 oz light muscovado sugar
2 tbls (25 g) 1 oz plain wholemeal flour (whole grain)
1/4 cup (25 g) 1 oz flaked almonds, chopped
25 g (1 oz) polyunsaturated margarine, melted
4 tbsp (60 ml) whipping cream
4 tbsp (60 ml) Greek strained yogurt
1 kiwi fruit, peeled and finely chopped
2 kiwi fruit, sliced, to decorate 3 apricots, stoned (seeded) and finely chopped
1. Line 2 baking sheets with non-stick silicone paper.
2. Whisk the egg white until stiff, then lightly fold in the sugar, flour and almonds with a metal spoon. Fold in the margarine.
3. Place 8 spoonfuls of the mixture, spaced well apart, on the baking sheets.
4. With the back of the spoon smooth out each spoonful thinly to a 7.5 cm (3 inch) round.
5. Bake at 190°C (375°F) mark 5 for 8-10 minutes, until golden.
6. Using a palette knife, quickly lift the biscuits, one at a time, from the baking sheets and place over a small orange or the base of a small glass so that they will set in a cup shape.
7. Allow a moment or two for each biscuit to harden, then remove to a wire rack to cool.
8. If the remaining biscuits begin to harden before being shaped, return them to the oven for a few minutes.
9. Whip the cream until quite thick, then lightly whisk in the yogurt.
10. Fold in the chopped kiwi fruit and apricots.
11. Fill each biscuit cup with the fruit cream and serve decorated with kiwi fruit slices.
3 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!