4 oz (100 g) low-fat soft cheese
2 oz (50 g) mature Cheddar cheese, finely grated
1 tbsp (15 ml) grated Parmesan cheese
1.25 ml (1/4 tsp) mustard powder
1 tsp (5 ml) green peppercorns in brine, drained and roughly chopped
50 ml (2 fl oz) dry sherry or white wine
2 eggs, separated
1. Lightly grease 4 ramekins and set aside.
2. Mix the cheeses with the mustard and peppercorns.
3. Mix in the sherry or wine and the egg yolks.
4. Whisk the egg whites until stiff, then carefully fold 15 ml (1 tbsp) into the cheese mixture, to soften. Fold in the remainder.
5. Spoon into the ramekins and bake at 200°C (400°f) mark 6 for about 15 minutes, until puffed and golden brown on top.
6. Serve immediately.
43 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!