2 hard-boiled eggs, shelled and chopped
2 oz (50 g) cheese, grated
1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped parsley
1 1/4 cup (75 g) fresh white breadcrumbs
1/2 stick (2 oz) 50 g butter, melted
salt and pepper
2 whole flounder, filleted and skinned
1. Mix the eggs with the cheese, parsley and 50 g (2 oz) of the breadcrumbs.Bind with the butter and add seasoning.
2. Spread this mixture over the skinned side of the fillets and roll them up,
3. starting from the tail end; secure them if necessary with a wooden cocktail stick.
4. Place the fillets close together in a buttered shallow ovenproof dish, sprinkle with the remaining breadcrumbs and bake uncovered in the oven at 180°C (350°F) mark 4 for about 20 minutes, until the fish is tender and the breadcrumbs crisp on top.
5. The liquid that comes from the fish as it cooks can be strained off and used with milk to make a white or parsley sauce to serve with the fish,
63 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!