3 oz fresh pasta (a thick spaghetti)
1 oz yellow onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 anchovy, chopped
3 oz fresh tomato, chopped
2 oz olive oil
4 oz monkfish
1 tsp. dried hot chili pepper, crushed
3 oz white wine
1 tbsp chopped fresh mint
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
3 oz fish stock or clam juice
1. Heat olive oil until very hot.
2. Slice monk fish lengthwise, and then slice into cubes.
3. Coat fish cubes lightly with flour and add to olive oil.
4. Saute about one minute on each side.
5. Add garlic and onion. Cook one minute then add anchovy.
6. When onion and garlic browns add white wine and stir.
7. Add fish stock and bring mixture to boil.
8. Add fresh tomatoes, mint, parsley and hot chili pepper.
9. Lightly salt and pepper.
10. Simmer for 5 minutes.
11. While sauce is simmering, cook fresh pasta according to package instructions (about 9 minutes).
12. Drain pasta and add to sauce and toss.
24 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!