4 new potatoes, about 125 g (4 oz), cooked
2 cloves garlic, crushed
4 teaspoons ground almonds
140 ml (4 1/2 fl oz) 1/2 cup almond oil
juice of 1 orange
6 teaspoons white wine vinegar
6 teaspoons chopped fresh mint
1. Mash potatoes in a bowl, then add garlic, almonds and oil, beating well with wooden spoon until smooth.
2. Alternatively, use a food processor fitted with a metal blade and process until quite smooth.
3. Stir in orange juice, vinegar and mint until evenly blended. If dressing is too thick, thin with cold water.
4. Cover with plastic wrap and chill until required.
5. Serve with fried aubergine (eggplant) slices or with globe artichokes.
This dressing can also be served as a dip with a selection of raw vegetables.