1 lb (450 g) blackcurrants
1/2 cup (100 g) 4 oz caster sugar (superfine granulated)
15 ml (3 level tsp) gelatine
3 tbsp (60 ml) blackcurrant liqueur
2/3 cup (150 ml) 1/4 pt fresh double cream (heavy cream)
3 egg whites
fresh whipped cream and chopped nuts or grated chocolate to decorate
1. Cook the fruit gently with the sugar until pulpy. Sieve to remove the pips.
2. Dissolve the gelatine in 45 ml (3 tbsp) water, in a bowl over a pan of hot water. Stir into the fruit puree with the blackcurrant liqueur. Cool until beginning to set.
3. Whip the fresh cream until softly stiff. Fold into the half-set mixture.
4. Whisk the egg whites until stiff and fold into the fruit mixture
5. Spoon into individual glasses and decorate with fresh whipped cream and nuts or chocolate. Chill lightly before serving.
25 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!