4 slices pumpernickel
2 teaspoons thick sour cream or mayonnaise
3 tablespoons very finely chopped fresh parsley
375 g (12 oz) cream cheese
3/4 stick (6 tbsp) 3 oz (85 g) butter, softened
1 tablespoon tomato puree (paste)
3 pinches cayenne pepper
1-2 teaspoons concentrated curry paste
1 clove garlic, crushed
6 black (Concord) grapes, halved and seeded
6 green grapes, halved and seeded
small chervil and parsley sprigs, to garnish
1. Using a 4 cm (1 1/2 in) plain round biscuit cutter, cut out 6 rounds from each slice of pumpernickel.
2. Spread edges of bread rounds lightly with thick sour cream or mayonnaise, then dip into parsley to coat.
3. In a bowl, mix together cream cheese and butter until soft and well combined.
4. Put half quantity into another bowl.
5. To one bowl, add tomato puree (paste) and cayenne pepper and mix well.
6. To other bowl, add curry paste and garlic and mix.
7. Put mixtures into 2 piping bags fitted with large star nozzles.
8. Pipe tomato mixture in a swirl over 12 bread rounds and curry mixture onto remaining 12 bread rounds.
9. Lightly press 6 curry rounds onto 6 tomato rounds, curry sides up, and 6 tomato rounds onto 6 curry rounds, tomato sides up.
10. Place .black grapes on tomato toppings and green grapes on curry toppings.
11. Garnish with chervil and parsley.
2 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!