Anchovy fillets and chicken breasts combine with onion, Mozarella cheese and milk for this creamy fried dish recipe.
2 oz (50 g) can anchovy fillets in oil
a little milk
2 tbsp onion, finely chopped
6 chicken breasts, on the bone
8 oz (225 g) Mozzarella cheese, sliced
1. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the anchovy fillet oil.
2. Discard the remaining oil and place the anchovies in a shallow dish.
3. Pour over milk to cover and leave for 20-30 minutes.
4. Drain thoroughly, pat dry with kitchen paper and chop finely.
5. Place the reserved oil in a saucepan and add the anchovies and onion.
6. Cook for 5 minutes until a paste is formed.
7. Stir in the lemon juice, remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
8. Lift up the skin of each chicken breast and rub equal amounts of the anchovy paste onto the flesh of each.
9. Replace the skin and cook under a moderate grill, with chicken skin face down on rack, for 35 - 45 minutes, turning once, until tender.
10. Place a slice of cheese on each chicken breast and cook for 5 minutes.
3 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!